Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Starbucks and Travel

Starbucks:















Depending on location,

either a place for businessmen and some women to come and sit doing The New York Times (or any Times for that matter) crossword in ink while gulping coffee and indulging in work conversation.

Or a place for young people to study (so they say), play card games (smile), and discuss the dramas of their lives.

For me:

A place of aloneness, observation of people and objects, and in general a place that spikes my curiosity. I am planning on spending an entire day in one of these legal, narcotic producing establishments. Just because I have nothing better to do when school is out.I think it would be fascinating to watch people all day. Literally. And not in a creepy, stalkerish way.          


 I need to get out more.


I have a friend moving to New Zealand. Excited for him, but it is awakening in me my travelling gene. Where are the days when I would move from country to country? A month here, a month there. Hop on a train and go. I miss it. I relished those times so, but I now have an even greater appreciation for them. I want to go visit everyone I haven't seen in forever. Maryland, England, Romania, Ireland, etc. I want to go to the places I have almost gotten to go in my life. Turkey, Greece, Norway, Finland, Mongolia, Australia, and the list goes on and on. I guess I shouldn't complain what with growing up in Europe and already being able to go and experience so much in such a variety of places.I definitely still have the wanderlust to go all over though.

0 comments: